Monday, July 20, 2009

Model of the Day

Tiffany Braxton Belvin
Party Sophisticates Events / Plus Model Braxton
CEO/Model
New York, NY
www.musecube.com/mrsbigdog
www.myspace.com/braxtonbelvin


Born to a teen mom and labeled as a project kid. Tiffany Braxton has made some big strides, but if you ask me I am still trying to make it. Graduating high school and starting college at 16-years-old I didn't know what I wanted to do when I grew up. After attending college part-time for four years I decided to leave school and work for a Fortune 500 telecommunications company where I have been employed for the past eleven years. Making that decision put me in a position to return to school after experiencing corporate America with a better focus and goals. I'm currently studying for my B.S. in Business Management and anticipate graduating in spring 2008.

Approximately five years ago I started an event coordinating business. Unable to afford the cost to rent venues I along with two friends and a DJ began having parties at my house that accommodated up to fifty people at times for barbecues, birthday parties, New Year's Eve parties, and what has now become an annual event for the past five years our Super Sunday Superbowl. My guests would always leave saying that it was the best house party they'd ever been to. Another thing they would say is you need to get paid for what you do, but to me it was more important being the best host than the amount of money I could make. So here Party Sophisticate's was born. The focus of Party Sophisticate's is planning the most elegant and sophisticated events on realistic budgets. Coordinating my own wedding consisted of silk bouquets, freelancers, and an eighty-seven dollar wedding dress (retailed at $600 in a well-known bridal store) custom made and shipped from China. I am currently working on a book project "A Platinum Wedding. On My Shoestring Budget?" My motto is "Give me a budget I'll make it happen."


When I am not doing schoolwork, coordinating events, or spending quality time with my husband and three stepchildren you can find me on the runway as Plus Model Braxton. After being cast for a reality show that never materialized I was urged to consider plus modeling. Once told I would never be a model because I was too big, at a size 12, I am living a dream that I've had ever since I could remember. Now a size 18+ I have been featured in multiple online publications, I am a signature model for a denim company and an online magazine http://www.belle-noir.com/, placed as a semi-finalist in multiple model search competitions, will compete for "Miss NYC Plus Model in 2008" www.missnycplus.com , and am now officially a cover girl www.morebeautifulwoman.com. I use this platform for self-motivation as well as to promote positive self-esteem to young and older woman alike.

Many people will measure success by the material things they've accrued, but I think I'm successful every morning God allows me to wake up and be thankful for the things I accomplished yesterday. For I am nothing without God.


Feel free to leave a comment. Until next time…Have a wonderful day! To be featured send an email to corinnesfashionworld@yahoo.com for more information.

No comments: